2016 TRITON OWNERS TOURNAMENT RULES
This tournament is open to all persons who own a Triton Boat and their partners. The owner of the boat must be the registered owner of record at Triton Boat Company, (Triton Boats) and have a valid State registration for the Triton Boat, in their name and from their state of residency. Anglers who are sponsored by Triton Boats and cannot meet the above qualifications are not eligible to fish as a boat owner. Any adult choosing a minor as a partner assumes full responsibility for the minor. Contestants may fish alone or have no more than 2 people per boat. Entry fee is $200.00 per boat, 80% of the entry fee will go toward cash payout with remaining 20% going toward cost of the Saturday night dinner and tournament expenses. Additionally there will be a side pot (optional) of $50.00 entry per boat.
- SAFETY: Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard-approved life preserver any time the combustion engine is running. All boats are required to have emergency engine shutoff switch and they must be attached to the driver any time the gas engine is running. Running lights must be operational and on during the times required by State regulations.
- REGISTRATION: Competitors must read and sign a “PARTICIPANT ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT” form. Starting positions will be assigned by order that entries are received. Entries received after Friday, September 16, 2016 will have $25.00 late fee added to the tournament cost. You may enter by registering online at www.tritonboats.com or by mailing printed entry form by U.S. Mail. Field will be limited to 300 boats.
- PRACTICE: Clear Lake Is open to practice fishing until Friday September 30, 2016 at 5:00 P.M. See rule #10 for additional off limit stipulations.
- 4. (A) Registration: Tournament registration will be on Friday September 30, 2016, at the Konocti Vista Casino Resort, Marina, RV Park, 2755 Mission Rancheria Road, Lakeport, CA 95453 beginning at 2:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. Both team members must be present to sign PARTICIPANT ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT form. You will not be allowed to compete in the tournament unless both members have signed this form.
(B) Tournament Rules Meeting: Starts at 5:30 P.M. on Friday, September 30, 2016 mandatory rule meeting at Konocti Vista Casino Resort. At least one member from each team must attend the meeting. Any team not represented at the rules meeting will not be permitted to compete in the Tournament.
- BOAT CHECK: All boats must go through a boat check at Konocti Vista Harbor. Boat check will start at 4:30 A.M.
- TOURNAMENT HOURS: Tournament hours will be from safe light to 2:30 P.M. local time on Saturday and 2:00 PM on Sunday. We reserve the right to assign flights and change hours, if necessary. There will be an official check-in boat.
- POLYGRAPHS AND PROTESTS: All contestants are subject to a polygraph test, and agree to abide by the outcome of the test and the decision of the Tournament directors. Failure to submit to a polygraph test upon request will result in immediate disqualification. In case of polygraph failure by contestants, the contestants will be disqualified. Any competitor filing a protest must do so in writing within 15 minutes of the final weigh-In each day. The Tournament directors will rule on any protests and their decisions will be final. All contestants agree to abide by the decisions of the Tournament directors.
- SPORTSMANSHIP: All competitors are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs will be allowed during the pre-tournament meeting and during the tournament hours, including the weigh-in. Violators will be disqualified. Any competitor that has been suspended or disqualified from any tournament or fishing organization is grounds for refusal of an angler's entry.
- PERMITTED FISHING METHODS: All bass must be caught live in a conventional sporting manner. Only artificial lures may be used with the exception of pork trailers. Only one fishing rod (not to exceed 8 feet in length) may be used at a time. Trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited. All participants must have a fishing license for the water in which they intend to compete. Competitors Are Not Allowed To Change Partners At Any Time During The Tournament.
- PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Competitors may fish Clear Lake on Saturday – Sunday October 1-2, 2016. No fishing within 50 yards of a refueling dock of a marina or within 50 yards of another competitor's boat, which is anchored with the trolling motor up. No fishing is allowed in areas that are designated as "Off Limits" or "No Fishing" by local officials. Please be courteous to other anglers and remain at least a cast away from other boats.
- EQUIPMENT FAILURES or EMERGENCY: In the event of equipment failure or emergency, there are only two methods of returning to the official check-in: (1) By both partners remaining in their boat and being towed in by water, or (2) by one partner entering the boat of another tournament contestant with their fish. Under these two conditions, catches may be counted (normal penalties apply such as dead fish, late penalty, etc.) If a team must violate any part of this rule due to an emergency or any other reason, the catch will not be counted.
- SCORING: Scoring will be determined by the weight (in pounds and 1/100ths of pounds) of each team's catch; Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spotted Bass will be weighed. The limit will be 5 fish per boat. The official length limit is 12 inches. Fish will be measured on a flat (golden rule) board with mouth closed and by moving tail side-to-side. There will be a 1-pound penalty assessed for each short fish and the short fish removed from the creel. Culling must begin as soon as the sixth legal fish is caught. Any boat found to have more than the 5-fish limit will be disqualified. All fish will be released. DEAD FISH: 1/2-pound will be deducted from the total weight for each dead fish weighed in. The 1/2-pound rule also applies to the Big Bass Competition. It is the competitor's responsibility to have their fish weigh for any Big Fish awards.
- LATE PENALTY: Failure to report to the official check-in point on time will result in a 1 pound per minute penalty; after 15 minutes, the entire weight will be lost. Procedure for check-In will be covered at the driver/rules meeting. Rules will be printed on the back of your boat number card. All anglers are expected to know the rules.
- PAYOUT & WINNINGS: The anglers with the largest two-day weight will be awarded first prize. Second place will be awarded for the second highest two-day weight. Subsequent places will be awarded in the same fashion. Payout places and amounts will be determined by the number of entrants.
- OPTIONAL SIDE POT: Participants in the optional side pot are eligible for the additional payouts described: $20 big fish, pays 50% of pot each day for biggest fish; optional $10 and $20 pot pays 1st, 2nd and 3rd in standings. 1st place receives 50% of the pot, 2nd receives 30% and 3rd receives 20%
- TIES: In case of ties, combining the awards and dividing them equally will resolve positions.
- LIABILITY INSURANCE: All members must carry a minimum of $100,000 of liability insurance on any boat they might use during the Triton Owner's Tournament. Failure to do so or reporting of false information will result in disqualification. Participants must include the company name and either the policy number or the name of the agent binding the coverage on the entry form for each tournament.
- CAMERA RELEASE: Contestants grant Triton Boats, tournament officials, and sponsors the unconditional right to use their names, voice, photographic likeness and biographical information for video/audio production, promotions, and/or articles and press releases, and shall not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use.
- REFUNDS: No refunds will be given on entry fees after September 23, 2016.
- RULES INTERPRETATION: Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Tournament directors. The decision of the directors will be final in all matters.
- TAXES: Winners will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on their winnings.
- SPECIAL REQUEST: It would be appreciated if all anglers wore Triton clothing during the tournament. This would create a great opportunity for a group photo and help identify you as competitors for camera boats.
- SPECIAL RULE: Invasive Species Inspection Permit: This is a special permit as required by Lake County, California that may be obtained from the host Marina at a cost of $10.00. This insures that your boat is clear of any Infestation of Quagga muscles prior to launching. You will not be allowed to fish without this permit.
- WINNERS: For a list of winners or rules, send a self-addressed envelope to Triton at Triton Boats, 13 Bluegrass Dr., Ashland City, TN 37015 Attn.: TOT West Winners