2013 Triton Owners' Tournament Rules
- OVERVIEW: The 2013 Triton Owners’ Tournament (the “Tournament”) will be held on May 31-June 1, 2013 on Kentucky
and Barkley Lakes in Paris Landing, Tennessee.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Tournament is open to anyone who owns a Triton boat and their fishing partners (individually a
“Competitor” and collectively “Competitors”). Triton boat owners may fish alone or have up to (but no more than) one (1)
fishing partner per boat for a total of no more than 2 people per boat. During the Tournament, the Competitors must fish out
of the Triton boat owned. The owner of the Triton boat must be the registered boat owner of record at Fishing Holdings, LLC
d/b/a Triton Boats (“Triton Boats”) and have a valid state registration for their Triton boat, in their name and from their state of
residency. Anglers who are sponsored by Triton Boats and cannot meet the above requirements are not eligible to participate in the
Tournament as a boat owner. Also ineligible to participate in the Tournament are any anglers who have paid more than
$1500.00 in entry fees to any professional level tournament during the last 2 years prior to the start date of the Tournament
i.e. May 31, 2013. Any Competitor that has been suspended or disqualified from any tournament or fishing organization is
ineligible to participate in the Tournament. Each Competitor must have a fishing license for the Tournament water in
which they intend to fish.
- SAFETY: Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each boat owner and fishing partner is required to wear a Coast
Guard-approved life preserver any time the combustion engine is running. All boats are required to have an emergency
engine shutoff switch and it must be attached to the boat driver any time the gas engine is running. Running lights on the
boat must be operational and on during the times required by State regulations.
- LIABILITY INSURANCE: All boat owners must carry a minimum of $100,000 of liability insurance on any boat they use
during the Tournament. Failure to do so or the reporting of false insurance information will result in disqualification from the
Tournament. Boat owners must include the insurance company name and either the insurance policy number or the name of
the agent binding the insurance coverage on the Tournament entry form.
- LIABILITY AGREEMENT: Each Competitor must read and sign an “Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability” form
prior to participating in the Tournament. If a Competitor is a minor, the form must be signed by the minor’s parent or legal
guardian. Any Competitor that does not complete the form will not be permitted to compete in the Tournament. Any boat
owner who chooses a minor as a fishing partner assumes full responsibility for the minor.
- ENTRY: To enter the Tournament, each boat owner must complete an entry form, read and sign an Assumption of Risk
and Release of Liability form, as noted above, and pay a $200 entry fee to Triton Boats. This fee covers the boat owner and
their fishing partner. For entries received after May 17, 2013, a $100 late fee must be paid to Triton Boats in addition to the
- REFUNDS: No refunds will be given on entry fees after May 18th. No refunds will be given on late fees.
- STARTING POSITION ASSIGNMENT: 400 Triton boats may participate in the Tournament. Tournament starting
positions will be assigned by a random drawing from all entries which are received by May 17, 2013. Any boat owner whose
entry is received after May 17, 2013 will be assigned a starting position, assuming there are still positions available, in the
order their entry was received and after the starting positions of all boat owners whose entries were received by May 17,
2013. No entries will be accepted after the Tournament Rules Meeting which will occur on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at
approximately 6:00 P.M.
- PRACTICE: Kentucky and Barkley Lakes are open to practice fishing until Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 6:00 P.M. See rule
number 15 for limitations regarding fishing on Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.
- REGISTRATION AND TOURNAMENT RULES MEETING: (A) Registration: Tournament registration will be on
Thursday, May 30, 2013 at the Paris Landing State Park Conference Center in Buchanan, TN beginning at 1:00 P.M. If
fishing with a partner, each member of the team must be present at registration to sign the Assumption of Risk and Release
of Liability form. (B) Banquet and Tournament Rules Meeting: A Tournament banquet will be held from 4:00 P.M. till 6:00
P.M. on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at the Paris Landing State Park Conference Center in Buchanan, TN. A mandatory rules
meeting will follow the banquet. At least one member from each team must attend the mandatory rules meeting. Any team
not represented at the mandatory rules meeting will not be permitted to compete in the Tournament.
- BOAT CHECK: All boats must be checked before participating in the Tournament. The boat check will start at 4:00
A.M. on both May 31 and June 1, 2013 at the Paris Landing State Park Conference Center Parking lot. All Competitors must
have their boats checked both days. Any boat that is not checked both days will not be allowed to participate in the
- TOURNAMENT HOURS: Tournament hours will be from 6:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. local time on Friday, May 31, 2013 and 6:00 A.M. till 2:00 P.M. local time on Saturday, June 1, 2013. Triton Boats reserves the right to assign flights and change hours, if necessary. There will be an official check-in boat.
- SPORTSMANSHIP: All Competitors are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation
during the Tournament. Competitors cannot consume alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs or be under their influence during
the Tournament Rules Meeting and during the Tournament hours, including the weigh-in. Violators will be disqualified from
- PERMITTED FISHING METHODS: All bass fish must be caught live, in a conventional sporting manner, from either
Barkley or Kentucky Lake. Only artificial lures may be used with the exception of pork trailers. Only one fishing rod (not to
exceed 8 feet in length) may be used at a time. Trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited. Competitors are not allowed
to change fishing partners at any time during the Tournament.
- PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Competitors may fish Kentucky or Barkley Lakes only (no locking) on Friday, May
31, 2013 and Saturday, June 1, 2013. Competitors cannot fish within fifty (50) yards of a refueling dock of a marina or within
fifty (50) yards of another Competitor’s boat, which is anchored with the trolling motor up. No fishing is allowed in areas that
are designated as “Off Limits” or “No Fishing” by local officials. No fishing is allowed inside the harbor at Paris Landing
State Park. Inside the harbor is from point to point of the harbor entrance.
RULE CHANGE: The State of Tennessee has imposed an 18-inch size limit on small-mouth bass on Lake Barkley. Those
portions of Barkley Lake lying in Tennessee will be closed to fishing during the Triton Owners Tournament, May 31-June 1,
2013. Tennessee line is approximately the south point of the mouth of Dry Creek to the west bank of Barkley Lake, all waters
south of this imaginary line will be declared off limits. The Kentucky portion of Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake and the
Tennessee portion of Kentucky Lake all have a 15-inch size limit on smallmouth bass.
- EQUIPMENT FAILURES or EMERGENCIES: In the event of an equipment failure or emergency, there are only two
methods of returning to the official check-in: (1) By all fishing partners remaining in their boat and being towed in by water, or
(2) by one partner entering the boat of another Tournament Competitor with their fish. Under these two conditions, catches
may be counted (normal penalties apply, however, such as dead fish, late penalty, etc.) If a team violates any part of this
rule due to an emergency, equipment failure or any other reason, the catch will not be counted.
- SCORING: Scoring will be determined by the weight (in pounds and ounces) of each team’s catch; only Largemouth,
Smallmouth, and Spotted Bass will be weighed. The limit will be five (5) fish per boat. Culling must begin as soon as the
sixth legal fish is caught. Any boat found to have more than the five (5) fish limit will be disqualified. The official fish length
limit is fifteen (15) inches or more on Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass and twelve (12) inches or more on Spotted Bass.
Fish will be measured on a flat (Triton rule) board with mouth closed and by moving tail side-to-side. There will be a one (1)
pound penalty assessed for each short fish and the short fish will be removed from the creel. DEAD FISH: one (1) pound will
be deducted from the total weight for each dead fish weighed in. The one (1) pound dead fish rule also applies to the Big
Bass Competition. It is the competitor’s responsibility to have their fish weighed for any Big Fish awards. All fish will be
- LATE PENALTY: Failure to report to the official check-in point on time will result in a one (1) pound per minute late
penalty; if late by more than fifteen (15) minutes, the entire weight will be lost.
- POLYGRAPHS AND PROTESTS: Polygraph tests may be given to Competitors. To participate in the Tournament, all
Competitors must agree to submit to polygraph testing and agree to abide by the outcome of the test and the decisions of the
Tournament directors. Any Competitor who fails to submit to a polygraph test upon request will be immediately disqualified
from the Tournament. Any Competitor who fails a polygraph test will be disqualified from the Tournament. Any competitor
filing a protest must do so in writing by 2:45 P.M. local time on May 31, 2013 for the first day of the Tournament and 1:45
P.M. local time on June 1, 2013 for the second day of the Tournament. The Tournament directors will rule on any protests
and their decisions will be final. All contestants agree to abide by the decisions of the Tournament directors.
- PAYOUTS: The payout schedule for the winners of the Tournament will be posted on the Tournament registration day
at the registration location (see rule number 10).
- TIES: In the case of ties, the payouts will be divided equally among the tying teams.
- TAXES: Winners will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on their winnings.
- WINNERS: For a list of winners or the Tournament rules, go to www.tritonboats.com.
- VOICE, IMAGE & INFORMATION RELEASE: Competitors grant Triton Boats, Tournament officials and sponsors the
unconditional right to use their names, voices, photographic likenesses and biographical information in video/audio
productions, promotions, press releases and/or articles, and shall not be entitled to receive any royalties or other
compensation in connection with such use.
- BOAT DRAWING: A Triton boat will be given away during the Tournament on Saturday, June 1, 2013. All boat owners
who register for the Tournament will be automatically entered in the drawing for the giveaway boat. However, YOU MUST
BE PRESENT TO WIN on Saturday June 1, 2013.
- RULES INTERPRETATION: Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the tournament directors. The
decision of the tournament directors will be final in all matters.
© 2013 Fishing Holdings, LLC d/b/a Triton Boats